Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kayaking


The repeated sway as the paddles dip, dip, dip

Water trickles off the edge of the paddle

Dripping on my bare legs

Smiling, at peace.

The open lake, the settled lake is all mine

Sun beams behind me

My neck captures and radiates the sunlight

Tired arms rest and the paddle rests

Kayak carefully gliding

Tilt my head back

Rest my legs gently out of the kayak.

Breathe deep, breathe in the lake

Lay there

Bobbing back and forth in the waves

A perfect getaway

I take in my kayak

Lift my steed from the water

Tether it to rest for tomorrow.

…I will return





2 comments:

  1. Dearest Paige Elizabeth,
    I really liked what you did with this poem. The spacing choices create some separation from the center part of the poem. The fragmented style in which you wrote also adds to the effect, creating a very peaceful atmosphere. It brings to mind my own memories of kayaking as well, while still allowing me to visualize your trip.
    -J.T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you structured it!! That's so creative!

    -kara

    ReplyDelete