Tuesday, October 5, 2010

by Chantelle

There's a brown ship floating in the water near shore.
There are holes in it, it's being shot at. Tons of bullets are flying through the wood.
I'm running to the boat screaming. There's something I want inside but I don't know what it is.
The boat is in shallow water. I'm trudging through it as fast as I can.
I'm on the boat, people are crying and running.Who are these people? I don't know them.
I'm searching the rooms, dodging the bullets, not finding what I'm looking for.
This ship is a mess.
I'm leaning, sliding to the left and everything on the ship is too. I run outside. We're sinking and the left side is going under.
I'm screaming.
The wateris shallow, and I know I can jump off and walk to shore.
But I don't.
Why am I scared?
I'm going to die on this boat.
Everything is gone.
No screaming people.
No bullets flying past my head.
No sinking ship.
Just me and three people, floating in the water.
We're all alive.
There are two guys.
I wonder who they are?
There's a girl.
I recognize her.
I say something. I didn't even hear what I said.
One guy grabs my hair.
Pushes me under the water.
I'm struggling.
He's screaming at the girl.
He says he won't let me up, until she says he can.
I can't breathe.
I'm choking, swallowing huge gulps of water.
She puts her head in the water and tells me she's sorry.
I try to ask what she is sorry for, but I can't talk.
I talk with my eyes.
She understands.
She tells me she can't let him take me out of the water.
He screams.
This is the last chance.
Now or never.
I beg her to let me live.
She shakes her head and floats to the surface.
I'm awake. Sweating. My heart is racing and I'm breathing heavy. I eventually make it out of bed. I go on with myday, thinking about my nightmare. When night comes again, I fall asleep...
I'm on a brown ship.
Bulletts are flying past my head.
It's sinking,
now everything is gone.
It's just me and three people floating in the water.
Everyone is alive but me.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you sort of ended the same way you began. I really like the ending, it's really powerful.

    -kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete