Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lazy Morning

by Frankie Bean

I wake up to the scent of mind-boggling, crunchy bacon. Of course it is one of those days when your plan is to sleep in, but for whatever reason the smell of food cooking on an early morning awakens me instantly. I head down stairs to see what feast is awaiting me. Sadly, I find out that Mom had just barely put it in the oven. At this point there is no way I can head back up to bed; I am now starving. I can barely sit still my stomach is growling so much. I am wide awake and just need the fuel to move my body. I manage to get my body to the Lazy Boy that is in our family room, which just happens to be right next to the kitchen, so I can hear and smell everything.

I finally sit down and it is one of those bitter cold fall mornings, where there is frost on the windows. I house is nippy, and you have to bundle up. I’m still in my pajamas, but that is not nearly enough. I make my way to my room to snatch my comforter.

Now that I am all settled up in my blanket, and can tolerate the crisp fall morning, I turn on the TV. Of course the television is set up on my sister’s little, stupid cartoons. However, I try to look at the guide to get it to Sports center, but, my lids have the yucky feeling where there are blurry, blocky, sections so I cannot really see. My eye boogies make it so I can only open my eyes a quarter of the way.

Right when I get to the fascinating story I wanted to watch on Sports center, my mommy calls for me to tell me that the breakfast is done. Since that was my whole reason to rise on this early morning, I leap up to go grab my plate. Within minutes the food had disappeared off my plate, so clean it looked as if I licked it clean.

There is something about eating too much and having a full stomach that just makes you get that drained, wheezy, and have-the-urge-to-inch-back-into-my-bed-feeling. However, I want to finish my Sports center episode, so I kick back in the Lazy Boy. Next thing I know I am sound asleep. My lazy morning turns into a very lazy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment