Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I feel empty inside. Almost like you could cut me open and the only thing that would happen is a huge gust of hot air whipping your hair back and stealing your breath. You know for a girl my size that’s going to be a lot of air. Looking around my room the feeling of loneliness swallows me whole. White and plain: my room is an insane asylum. Most girls my age rooms are filled with lovely memories. Pictures of themselves and friends running around with wide smiles and mouths open like they captured them in the middle of erupting in heartfelt laughter. In my house laughter doesn’t exist. Screams, cries, and whimpers live here. I wish I knew what it felt like to feel laughter creep up from the pit of your stomach for a full hardy laugh. That sound of laughter is a lot more appealing. My salty tears stream down my face soaking my pillow and few belonging that surround me. This is something that I’ve grown used to. The thought of happiness makes me even more empty knowing that I will never have that. I wish with everything that this would end.


by Britney Costa

No comments:

Post a Comment