Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The fateful day has come, the one I’ve been dreading most. I have to sit politely and pretend everything’s okay when its not. The thought of this afternoon makes my stomach churn with agony. Every one of my fat greasy family members will be there. Italians are known as these fat happy people. But not me, Im not one of them. Looking at me you’d think I was all just loose skin and brittle bones but that’s not the way I feel. When I look into my mirror I criticize every little part of my body. I can feel every ounce of disgusting fat on my body. I will do anything possible to make it go away. I hate everything about myself.

We all sit around the table with so much food sitting around us. Everybody’s mouths are watering with the thought of eating it all. Mine is too with the thought of puking deep in the back of my mind. My stomach rumbles quietly wanting the juicy turkey that sits right in front of us. My stomach doesn’t know what it wants. My mom puts a plate of food that will soon be thrown up in front of me.

Mashed potatoes=174 calories

Stuffing=107

Turkey=98

Corn=83

And that’s just the bare minimal. I take everything on my plate and plow through it all every bite more delicious then the last. Before I know it everything on my plate is gone and my stomach craves for more. I get seconds and eat it before everyone else even gets the chance to finish their first plate. I look around the dining room to see what else I can devour before I change my mind. Pumpkin pie sits on the counter, the crust perfectly golden brown. As I take a deep breath I can smell everything. My stomach grumbles demanding more. Someone calls my name I look around and everyone’s eyes are piercing me with questions. I smile and say I was saving myself all day for this meal. Everyone smiles back and its over. I thought my secret was going to be found out. I excuse myself from the table. Its time to rewind all the work that I have just done.


by Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment